How to calculate bricks in 9 inch wall for 1 sq.ft and how do I find the quantity of bricks in 9 inch brick wall.
* introduction:- in this topic we know how to calculate bricks in 9 inch wall for 1 sq.ft and have to calculate number of brick in 9 inch brick wall . We know that bricks have irregular shape and size and their measurement vary according to different nation but in this topic we measured according to indian standard size of brick that is used in standard calculation..According to indian standard size of brick have dimension 9″×4.5″×3″
● thickness of cement mortar:-in brickwork cement mortar is used for adhesive material and increasing their strength depends on mortar thickness. Thickness of cement mortar in brickwork is about 0.4″ to 0.5″ is being used. More than 0.5″ thickness of mortar cement reduce the strength of brick wall so it might not be used. So we should apply only cement mortar thickness of 0.4″ to 0.5″ in brickwork. More than 0.4″ to 0.5″ and less than decrease the strength of brick wall.
● how do I find the quantity of bricks in 9 inch brick wall
*Given:- we have given following measurement
Size of one brick=9″ ×4.5″ ×3″
( according to indian standard size)
Area of brick wall = 1 sq.ft
Thickness of cement mortar=0.5″
Thickness of brick wall=9″
Step of calculation:-
1) first we should add mortar thickness in indian brick size
2)second we calculate volume of brick with mortar
3) third we should calculate volume of brick wall
4) forth we should calculate number brick by dividing brick wall volume by volume of one brick with mortar
5) considering 5 to 10% of wastage
1)We have to add cement mortar thickness that is 0.5″ in each measurement of brick dimension.
Size of one brick with mortar
=9″×4.5″×3″ brick size
=9.5″×5″×3.5″ brick size with mortar
2) volume of one brick with mortar
=9.5″×5″×3.5″ =166.25 cubic inch
3) volume of brick wall
=Area × thickness of brick wall
=1 sq.ft ×9″ (1sq.ft =144 square inch)
= 144″×9″ =1296 cubic inch
4) Number of brick= volume of brick wall/ volume of 1 brick with mortar
Number of brick=1296/166.25 =7.8 nos
5) considering 5 to 10% wastage of brick during transportation and storage
10% wastage brick =0.78 nos
6) get the total number of brick
= 7.8+0.78 = 8.58 nos
*Results:- so we find 8.58 brick present in 1 sq.ft of brick wall.
(Q2) calculate number of bricks in 9 inch brick wall of 100 square feet brick wall area.
1 sqft 9″ brick wall have 8.58 brick so
For 100 sq.ft
=8.58×100 = 858 number of bricks.
(Q3) calculate number of bricks in 9 inch brick wall of 1000 square feet.
1 square feet 9 inch brick wall have 8.58 brick so for 1000 sq.ft
= 1000×8.58 =8580 number of bricks.
●Now your turns :– if you are happy to see this topics please guys like share and comment and if you have any query and question about this please ask