Types of cement in India | Cement used for construction, hi guys in this article we will know about 20 different types of cement that are available and used in India for construction of different structure buildings, dams, Bridge, Pilar, industrial building, commercial building, a residential building, canal,cement pole and other.
You might be here about some basic cement used for construction like ordinary Portland cement, Portland Pozzolana cement, Portland slag cement and Rapid hardening cement are different types of cement that are produced by different companies of different brand name used in construction line in India.
in market there are wide range of choice different types of cement are available. Manufacturing company throughout offer good quality cement for all different types of structural work of house construction like slab, beam, column and footing and brick wall formation.
The best cement used for construction in India of top brand quality are available in market is ACC, Lafarge,UltraTech ,Ambuja Cement ,Shree Cement ,Ramco cement, India Cement Limited, Binani Cement, Dalmia Cement etc
Here is the list of top 10 the best cement company in India
● UltraTech Cement Limited
● ACC Limited
● Ambuja Cement Limited
● Shree Cement Limited
● Dalmia Bharat Limited
● Birla cement Limited
● India Cement Limited
● the Ramco Cement Limited
● Orient cement Limited
● heiddberg Cement India Limited
Types of cement in India used for construction
Types of cement that are available and used in India are following:
● 33 grade of ordinary Portland Cement
● 43 grade of ordinary Portland Cement
● 53 grade of ordinary Portland Cement
● Rapid Hardening Cement (RHC)
● Extra Rapid Hardening Cement (ERHC)
● Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC)
● Portland slag cement (PSC)
● Sulphate Resisting Cement (SRC)
● Quick Setting Cement ( QSC)
● Super Sulphated Cement (SSC)
● Low Heat Cement (LHC)
● Portland Pozzolana Cement (Fly ash based)
● Portland Pozzolana Cement (Calcined based)
● Air Entraining Cement (AEC)
● White Portland Cement (WPC)
● Hydrophobic Portland Cement (HPC)
● Masonry Portland Cement ( MPC)
● IRS- T 40 Railway cement
● High Alumina Cement (HAC)
● Very High Strength Cement ( VHSC)
There is simple question is asking “How many types of cement ? Their answer will be following:- Cement is generally of Two types, Ordinary Portland cement (OPC) which is available in 33, 43 & 53 grades. The other variety is known as Blended cement which is available as PPC or Portland slag cement.
Q) “What are types of cement grade?
There are three Main Grades of Cement.
● 33 Grade Ordinary Portland Cement. It is represented as OPC33, it has compressive strength of 33 MPa ( N/mm2) at the end of 28 days of curing after casting.
● 43 Grade Ordinary Portland Cement. It is represented as OPC43, it has compressive strength of 43 MPa ( N/mm2) at the end of 28 days of curing after casting.
● 53 Grade Ordinary Portland Cement. It is represented as OPC53, it has compressive strength of 53 MPa ( N/mm2) at the end of 28 days of curing after casting.
Lat us study about some important point about all the different brand of cement in short.
● 1) Ordinary Portland cement (OPC): The OPC stand for ordinary Portland cement represented as OPC33, OPC43 & OPC53. Portland cement is the most common type of cement in general use around the world as a basic ingredient of concrete, mortar, stucco, and non-specialty grout. It was developed from other types of hydraulic lime in England in the early 19th century by Joseph Aspdin, and usually originates from limestone.
For ordinary Portland cement (OPC), compressive strength is ranging between 33 – 53MPa at 28 days, 22- 27 MPa at 7days and 16 -27MPa at 3days of curing after casting.
● Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC): PPC stand for Portland Pozzolana cement. Pozzolana cement (PPC) is manufactured by combination of pozzolanic materials. Pozzolana is an artificial or natural material which has silica in it in a reactive form
For Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC), compressive strength is 33MPa at 28 days,22MPa at 7days and 16MPa at 3days of curing after casting.
● Portland slag cement (PSC): PSC stand for Portland slag cement. Portland Slag Cement (PSC) is manufactured by either inter-grinding in the Portland cement clinker, Gypsum & Granulated Slag or blending the Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) with Ordinary Portland Cement by means of mechanical blenders.
For Portland slag cement(PSC), compressive strength is 33MPa at 28 days, 22MPa at 7days and 16MPa at 3days of curing after casting.
● sulphate resisting Portland cement (SRC): SRC stand for Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement,it is a type of Portland cement in which the amount of Tricalcium aluminate (C3A) is restricted to lower than 5 % and (2 C3A + C4AF) is lower than 25%. SRC can be used for structural concrete.
For sulphate resisting portland cement (SRC) compressive strength is 33MPa at 28 days, 16MPa at 7days and 10MPa at 3days of curing after casting.
● Rapid hardening Portland cement (RHPC): Rapid Hardening Portland Cement is the cement with higher Clinker content of Tri Calcium Silicate(C3S). It is finer in grinding and has rapid hardening properties however the final strength is equal to that of Ordinary Portland Cement.
For rapid hardening portland cement (RHPC), compressive strength is 27MPa at 3 days and 16MPa at 1days of curing after casting.
The one day strength of RHC is comparable with three day strength of OPC
● Low Heat Portland Cement: it is the cement with high Di Calcium Silicate contents (C2S) and lower C3A and C3A contents .The rate of evolution of heat is slower initially but in later stages both setting and hardening rates are faster than OPC.
For low heat portland cement, compressive strength is 35MPa at 28 days, 16MPa at 7days and 10MPa at 3days of curing after casting.
● High Alumina Cement (HAC): sometimes it is known as calcium aluminate cement (CAC) or aluminous cement, is composed of calcium aluminates, unlike Portland cement which is composed of calcium silicates. It is manufactured from limestone or chalk and bauxite
For high alumina cement (HAC), compressive strength is 35MPa at 3 days and 30MPa at 1days of curing after casting.
● Super Sulphated cement (SSC): It is made from well granulated blast furnace slag (80- 85%), calcium sulphate(10- 15%), and Portland cement (1 – 2 %) and is ground finger than the Portland cement. One of its most important properties is its low total heat of hydration.
For super sulphated cement (SSC), compressive strength is 30MPa at 28 days, 22MPa at 7days and 15MPa at 3days of curing after casting
● Railway IRS-T 40 Cement: It is a special type of cement which is mainly used in railway works only. This special cement is manufactured under the specifications that are approved by the ministry of Indian Railways. This cement contains high volume of C3S content which are finely grinded inorder to develop high early strength.
For high IRS-T 40 Cement, compressive strength is 37.5MPa at 7 days of curing after casting.
You should also visits:-