Which one is better to use POP or wall putty ?,What is difference between POP and wall putty, hi guys in this article we know about POP vs wall putty and which one is better to use POP or wall putty and what is difference between POP and wall care putty. Both construction material is used for base for painting of wall.
While constructing building one of the most important critical aspects to be looked for every people is a finishing required to be given to the building structure. And everyone want to look good and decorative finishing of building wall. These two constituent constructing material pop and wall putty define the appearance of your structure and its durability.
● POP :- it is gypsum based plaster of Paris is white powder made by heating of gypsum material for dehydration process and by crushing it to change in white powder. It is used for giving early coats to the walls giving shape to the structure.
● Wall care putty:- wall care putty is combination of white cement some additive material like polymer Resin and other chemicals. It is also known as paint putty cement it has high adhesive properties which in turn gives longer life span to the brick wall providing additional strength and highly resistant to water.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and Subscribe our Youtube Channel
You should also visits:-
1)what is concrete and its types and properties
2) concrete quantity calculation for staircase and its formula
However which to select when its comes to providing the right finishing on structure ? Good here is the quick comparison between POP vs Wall care putty that would help you in selecting the right finishing material for your wall and ceiling which will guide you to select the right substance for the building wall.
POP vs wall putty-difference between pop and wall putty
1) composition :- wall care putty is made of white cement polymer resin and some chemicals.
But pop is made of gypsum based heated at high temperature and then crushed to form white powder substance that is known as pop and that is plaster of Paris. Because their name is comes from capital of France that is Paris because of there is a rich source of gypsum material and also it is found in India in Rajasthan.
2) best applied surface and use :- POP is best to be applied on the interior wall and ceiling
but wall care putty in best for applied on both interior and exterior wall and ceiling.
3) binding properties :- POP has low binding property and capacity with brick wall as compared to wall care putty which has very high binding property with brick wall due to presence of cement content in it.
4) finishing :- pop has very high finishing and decorative properties as compared to wall care putty due to easy handling and mixing and it does not require more skill as compared to applying wall putty on the wall. It seems wall care putty require more skill and handling for applying on the wall.
5) uses :- pop material is used for coating finish wall and false ceiling and for creating architectural design but wall care putty used for smoothening the wall and ceiling by filling in cracks and pores in them give bright smooth and superior finish to the wall.
6) strength :- pop material have low on strength but wall care putty have high strength due to cement content and it has good tensile and Adhesive and compressive properties.
7) Durability :- pop material is less durable as compared to wall care putty which is highly durable and have long life and lasting
8) setting time :- POP has low setting time and it will be hardening quickly about 5 minute after applying on the wall. And wall care putty have more setting time and it will be hardening in 2 hours after applying on the wall. According to average setting time pop material have greater advantage then wall care putty.
9) water resistance :- pop has low capacity of water resistance as compared to wall care putty which is highly water resistance. So sometime dampness of wall is causes due to pop material and dampness is not found in wall which was coated with wall putty. In this case wall putty have greater advantage over by using pop material according to water resistance.
10) fire resistance :- pop is highly fire resistance as compared to wall care putty. in this case POP material have greater advantage over by using wall care putty for your wall according to fire resistance.
11) heat insulator :- pop material is good heat insulator which protect interior wall from heating in summer season and reduce the Indoor room temperature as compared to wall care putty. In this case POP material have greater advantage for using it over wall care putty.
12) shrink or crack :- pop material does not shrink or crack after setting but sometime wall care putty has chance of crack and shrinkage. In this case pop material have greater advantage to use it then wall care putty.
13) Economical:- it is economical product than wall care putty.
ALSO READ :-
How much interior paint do i need for a 4000 square foot house
How much interior paint do i need for a 1800 square foot house
How much interior paint do i need for a 2500 square foot house
How much interior paint do i need for a 2000 square foot house
How much interior paint do i need for a 1500 square foot house
● Conclusion :-
1) if you want decorative and good looking finishing of your interior designing wall I recommended you should go through the use of POP material but it has some drawbacks of dampness in later time when moisture condition is rises in environment.
2) wall care putty have greater strength more comprehensive strength and tensile and have more binding property and provide greater strength to the brick wall. If you want strong and good looking finishing of brick wall ,I recommended to use wall care putty for your interior exterior wall and for your ceiling.
3) if you are environment friendly then I would the recommended to use pop material for your interior designing of wall because it reduce the temperature of Indoor room and act as heat insulator.
4) if you want fire resistant proof house then I will recommended to use of material for your interior designing because of have very high fire resistance properties.
Leave a Reply