10 inch brick wall calculation and their estimate | quantity of bricks, cement & sand required for 10 inch brick wall.
We know that bricks have many shape and size and their measurement, it is varies according to different nation but in this topic we measured according to indian standard size of brick that is used in standard calculation. 10″ brick wall calculation, we take nominal size of brick having dimension 10″ in length by 5″ in width by 3.5″ in thickness and their actual size is 9.5″ × 4.5″ × 3″.
Cement mortar is mixture of cement sand & water used as adhesive or binding material for bricklaying. What is thickness of cement mortar in brickwork?, strength of brickwork depends on mortar thickness. Thickness of cement mortar in brickwork is about 0.4″ to 0.5″ or 10 mm is being used. More than 0.5″ thickness of mortar cement reduce the strength of brick wall so it might not be used. For brick calculation we should apply only cement mortar thickness of 0.4″ to 0.5″ or 10 mm in brickwork. More than 0.4″ to 0.5″ and less than decrease the strength of brick wall.
One aspect of brickwork which often causes confusion is estimating how many bricks or blocks will be required for a brick wall making these estimates is fairly straight forward using just a few figures.
Brick calculation for a wall is calculated with addition of wastage of brick. First the number of bricks/blocks for the total wall is calculated, then the additional number of bricks for any brick wall. These are added together and then a 10% allowance should be added for wastage and breakages.
10 inch brick wall calculation, first we know about brick size in india is 9.5″ x 4.5″ x 3.5″, the mortar joints used are normally about 0.4″ both horizontally and vertically.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and
Subscribe our Youtube Channel
10 inch brick wall calculation and their estimate
To calculate bricks in 10 inch wall, you need to not the dimension of the wall. For instance, if a wall is 10 feet long with 10 feet height and 10 inches thickness. Then we can find its bricks in a following ways. Multiply dimensions of wall such as 10 feet × 10 feet × 0.83 feet. We will get 83 cubic feet. As 13.5 nos standard bricks in 1 cuft, then number of bricks = 83.3 × 13.5 = 1125 bricks.
Suppose you have a brick wall of 10×10 sq ft of 10 inches thick by using double layer of brick wall.
● number of bricks required = volume of brick wall ÷ volume of one brick with mortar, you have given volume of brick wall is 83.3 cuft and volume of one brick with mortar such as (10″ × 5″ × 3.5″) ÷ 1728 = 0.10 cubic feet, so number of bricks in 10 inch wall = 83.3 ÷ 0.10 = 833 nos.
● cost of bricks:- if brick rate is Rs 8 per pieces, then cost of 833 bricks such as 833 × 8 = Rs 6664.
● quantity of mortar needed = (volume of 10″ brick wall – volume of 833 bricks) × 1.33, volume of 10″ wall = 83.33 cuft, volume of 833 bricks = 9.5″×4.5″×3″ × 833 = 62 cuft, thus quantity of mortar needed = (83.3 _ 61.83) × 1.33 = 28.56 cuft.
● cement to sand ratio:- consider a standard cement to sand ratio is 1:6 (1 part of cement mix to 6 parts of sand) needed for mortar preparation for bricklaying. Total proportion = 1+6 = 7, parts of cement = 1/7 and parts of sand = 6/7.
● cement quantity = 1/7 × 28.56 = 4.08 cuft, mass of cement quantity = 4.08/35.3147 m3 × 1440 kg/m3 = 166kg, number of bags of cement = 166/50 = 3.33 bags.
● cost of cement = if cement rate is approx Rs 400 per bag, then cost of 3.33 bags such as 400 × 3.33 = Rs 1331.
● sand quantity = 6/7 × 28.56 = 24.5 cuft, rate of sand varies according to your location and availability, it will cost around Rs 20 to 60 per cu ft, in this calculation consider it will be 40 rupees per CFT, then cost of sand = 40× 24.5 = Rs 980.
● material cost for 10″ wall of 100 sq ft brickwork includes cost of cement, sand and bricks such as 1331 + 980 + 6664 = Rs 8975
● labour rate and cost for brickwork:- for 10 inch wall labour cost is around Rs 36 per sq ft, then cost of labour for 100 sq ft brick wall = 100 × 36 = Rs 3600.
● 10″ wall brickwork cost is sum of cost of material and labour such as 8975 + 3600 = Rs 12,575.
● contractor profit and extra charges:- consider contractor profit and other extra charges for food and transportation will be 15%, thus 15% of 12,575 = Rs 1890
● thus total cost of 10 inch wall of 100 square feet brickwork is sum of material cost, labour cost, contractor profit and extra charges such as 12575 + 1890 = Rs 14,465. Thus —
10 inch brick wall estimate for 100 sq ft brickwork:- fairly estimate for 10 inch brick wall of 100 sq ft brickwork will be cost around Rs 14465. This cost includes material cost of Rs 8975, labour cost of Rs 3600, contractor profit and extra charges for food and transportation of Rs 1890.
10 inch brick wall calculation and their estimate, you need approximately 833 nos bricks, 3.33 bags of 50kg cement and 24.5 cu ft of sand. All three these materials nearly cost around Rs 8975, along with labour cost and contractor profit it will cost around Rs 14465.
ALSO READ :-
● Now your turns :– if you are happy to see this topics please guys like share and comment and if you have any query and question about this please ask