Cement consumption in plaster 1:3 for 1m2 area, hi guys in this post we know about how much cement is required for plastering of 1 metre square area & also know about cement consumption in 6mm thick plaster 1:3 of 1m2, 10m2 & 100 m2 area of brick wall.
Requirement of plastering material cement and sand calculation in plaster of brick wall depends on mostly two factors such as
1) Thickness of Plaster
2) Mix Ratio (Cement:Sand)
1) thickness of cement plaster :- recommended thickness of cement plaster is 6 mm (for ceiling and concrete plastering), 12 mm (for internal wall plastering and plane surface of brickwork) & 15 mm or 20 mm (for external wall plastering and rough surface of brickwork) are used in building construction.
● 6 mm thick cement plaster are used for ceiling and concrete plastering
● 12 mm thick cement plaster are used for internal wall plastering and plane surface of brick wall
● 15 mm or 20 mm theek cement plaster used for external wall plastering and rough surface of brick wall
2) mix ratio for cement plaster : there are several types of mix ratio used for brick wall plastering, ratio of cement and sand for plastering depends on types of work and plastering types it is rough or plane surface.
Recommended mix ratio of cement and sand for plastering of plane and rough surface of brick wall, concrete wall and ceiling are 1:3, 1:4, 1:5 & 1:6 are used.
● 1:3 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for plastering of external wall prone to sever climatic condition and for repairing work
● 1:4 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for external brick wall plastering and ceiling plastering
● 1:5 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for internal brick wall plastering when fine sand is not available
● 1:6 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for internal wall plastering when fine sand is available.
Cement consumption in 6mm thick plaster 1:3 for 1m2 area of brick wall
1) cement consumption for plastering internal brick wall :- For a Sample calculation, I will assume a 6mm thick plaster and a mix ratio of 1:3 for plastering of 1m2 brick wall
● Step-1: we know given area of brick wall = 1m2
● Step-2: Volume of internal wall plaster = Area X Thickness = 1 X 0.006 = 0.006 cu m
Since wet volume is always less than the dry volume. For converting wet volume to dry volume of mortar we will multiply 1.33 into wet volume.
The dry volume of mortar required for internal brick wall plastering = 1.33 X Dry volume of plaster = 1.33 X 0.006 = 0.008 cum.
● Step-3: The mix ratio of mortar is 1:3, So total ratio = 1+3 = 4 in which one part is cement and 3 part is sand
Cement required = 1/4 X 0.008 = 0.002 cu m ( cubic meter)
Sand required = 3/4 X 0.008 = 0.006 cum
● Step-4: To get the weights of materials required in multiply it with its density
Cement required = 0.002 cum X 1440 kg/cum = 2.88 Kgs
bags of cement = 2.88/50 = 0.0576
Since Sand is usually measured in cft = 0.006 X 35.3147 = 0.21 cft = 10 Kg
● Ans :- Cement consumption in 6mm thick plaster 1:3 for 1m2 plastering of brick wall is 0.0576 bags (2.88 kg) cement.
Cement consumption for 1m2 = 2.88 kg
ALSO READ :-
Plaster sand near me, delivery, colour and 25kg or bulk bag
Cement to sand ratio for mortar, brickwork and plastering
How to calculate plastering quantity | cement sand ratio
How to calculate the quantity of material for plaster
Plaster cost per square foot with material in India
So cement consumption for 10m2 = 28.8 kg
Cement consumption for 100 m2 = 288 kg
● Ans :- 2.88 kg (0.0576 bags), 28.8 kg (0.576 bags) & 288 kg (5.76 bags) are cement consumption and requirement in 6mm thick plaster 1:3 for 1m2, 10m2 & 100m2 area of brick wall respectively.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and Subscribe our Youtube Channel
You should also visits:-
1)what is concrete and its types and properties
2) concrete quantity calculation for staircase and its formula
Leave a Reply