How to calculate plastering quantity | cement sand ratio | how much sand and cement do i need for plastering | what is the cement sand ratio for plastering.
Hi guys in this article we know about how to calculate plastering quantity, what is the cement sand ratio for plastering and how much sand and cement do I need for plastering.
Plastering is thin layer of cement mortar adhesive material put over the brick wall for protection from environment ,smooth surface, good finishing, good looking & increasing the strength of brick wall.
We know that external part of brick wall is more prone to sever climatic condition, its needs more protection from outer side, plastering make it strong and damp proof and prevent from seepage of water in brick wall.
Plastering is the term used to describe the cement mortar material spread over the both face plane and rough surface of irregular and coarse textured brick wall,beam, roof,column, concrete wall and ceiling to make it stronge, more durable,provide a smooth, hard and leveled finish surface which can be painted for good appearance.
You should also visits:-
In actual Plastering process is an art, truly recognized for constructing the base. It refers to the construction done with cement plaster which includes a layer of plaster on an interior wall or plaster decorative moldings done on ceilings or walls. The process of creating plasterwork is known as Plastering.
Plastering is a unique skill to plaster the brickwall, leveling it and achieve a good and even finishing. Plasterboard is to form the sub-base for ceilings, partition walls. An adequate and rigid frame made up of timber battens is needed for it.
How to calculate plastering quantity
Consider we have given 10 metre long and 10m height of brick wall, in which cement mortar thickness is 20mm for external plastering and their cement sand mix ratio is 1:4, let us explain how to calculate platering quantity and how much sand and cement do i need for plastering in following steps:-
How to calculate plastering quantity:–
1) measure the length and height of brick/ block wall by measuring tape in feet
2) multiplying the length and height of brick/ block wall need to be plastering to get square footage area as length × height
3) thickness of external plastering is about 0.8 inch or 20mm and mix ratio is 1: 4
4) convert thickness 0.8 inch into feet as = 0.8/12 = 0.066 foot.
5) multiplying square footage area of wall and their thickness as = length × height × thickness.
6) Volume of mortar = length × height × thickness, this is wet volume of mortar
7) dry volume of mortar = wet volume × 1.33, because dry volume of mortar required for plastering is increased by 33% of wet volume.
8) plastering quantity = 1.33V, required for plastering of wall
9) Cement quantity = 1/5 × 1.33V in cubic feet, because mix ratio is 1: 4 (1 parts cement and 4 parts sand, total proportion = 1+4 =5, parts of cement = 1/5 and parts of sand = 4/5
10) Sand quantity = 4/5 × 1.33V, where V is wet volume of mortar
11) water quantity you need about 20% of dry volume of material as = 20% of 1.33V.
What is the cement sand ratio for plastering
What is the cement sand ratio for plastering:- A thin layer of mix of cement sand adhesive material put over the brick wall for protection from environment, generally recommended cement sand ratio 1: 6 (1 part cement & 6 part sand) used for plastering of brick/ block wall. If prone to environment, in this case mix of cement sand ratio 1:4 (1 part cement & 4 part sand) is used for plastering, others mix of cement sand ratio 1:5 and 1:3 are also used depends on different condition like size particle of sand, plain or rough face of brick wall, ceiling, environment condition and concrete wall as beam & column.
How much sand and cement do I need for plastering
● Consider thickness is 12mm, area of wall 10m2 & mix ratio is 1:6:- Consider we have given length of wall 4 m and height of wall 2.5m, in which cement mortar thickness of 12mm applied for plastering and their cement sand ratio is 1:4.
● Wet volume of plastering is 0.12m3:- we have given brick wall 10m long and 10 metre height and thickness of external plastering is about 20mm, then wet volume of plaster = 4m × 2.5m× 0.012m = 0.12 cubic meter.
● Dry volume of plastering 0.12m3 ×1.33 = 0.1596 m3:- now converting wet volume of plaster in dry volume, dry volume is increased by 33% of wet volume, so we will multiply 1.33 into wet volume to get dry volume, so dry volume= 0.12m3× 1.33 = 0.1596 m3.
● Cement for plastering is 1/7 × 0.1596 × 1440 = 33 kg or 0.66 bags:- we have recomended mix ratio for plasteringing of wall is about 1:6 (cement: sand), total proportion is 1+6 =7, parts of cement in mix is 1/7 and parts of sand in mix is 6/7, so cement quantity = 1/7 × 0.1596× 1440 = 33kg, 1 bag of cement is weight around 50 kg, so bag of cement 33/50 = 0.66 bags, so, therefore you will need about 33kg (0.66bags) cement for plastering
● Sand for plastering is 6/7 × 0.1596× 35.32 = 5 cu. ft:- parts of sand in mix is 6/7, we know 1m3= 35.32 cubic feet, so sand quantity = 6/7× 0.1596 × 35.32 = 5 cu. ft, so, therefore you will need about 5 cubic feet of sand.
● Water quantity needed 530 Litres: amount of water to be added in mix depends upon moisture content present in sand, cement and in atmosphere, generally we need water quantity as 20% of dry volume of material cement and sand, so 20% of 0.1596m3= 0.03192m3, we know 1m3= 1000 litres, hence 0.03192m3= 32 Litres water, so therefore you will need about 32 Litres of water for plastering.
How much sand and cement do I need for plastering:- You will need about 33kg (0.66 bags of 50kg) of cement, 5 cft of sand and 32 Litres of water quantity for plastering of 10m2 area of brick/ block wall have thickness 12mm with mix of cement sand in the ratio 1:6 (1 parts cement and 6 parts sand).