How to calculate tile square footage | how to calculate floor tiles needed | how to figure out square footage for tile | how to determine tile square footage.
We have choice to use ceramic, vitrified tiles or marble for surface flooring, mostly tiles are used for, floor, wall, bathroom, toilet, and kitchen. Due to smoothness and wide range of variety of attractive tiles available in market we use tiles for flooring.
If you want to start new projects, you need tiles for room floor and walls, tiling floor in surface of room need tile calculation in square footage and question is arises in mind how to calculate tile square footage.
How to calculate floor tiles needed?:- measure the length and width or two sides of room in feet, consider a room is 10 feet wide by 12 feet in length, multiply two measurement as 10’×12′ = 120 sq ft, to get 120 square footage of floor space in room, add 10% as waste, so 10% of 120 sq ft = 12, add it, you will get 120+12 = 132 sq ft, this is total square footage of this floor space in room as 132 square feet (length × width + waste). If tile size is 12×12, since a 12×12 ceramic tile is one square feet, so you will need 132 tiles of one square footage to cover 132 sq ft of floor space.
How to calculate tile square footage
How to figure out square footage for tile and estimating tile quantity or how much tile you needed? measuring for floor/ wall tiles the rule is (Length × width)+ waste is needed. How much to allow for waste? Amount needed waste factor will vary based on the tile size, their layout, configuration of room, patterns, etc, to allow for waste, you must consider the tile installation, for most standard installation, 10% extra for waste is sufficient. However 15% extra for waste required if room has various jogs and corners.
How to calculate tile square footage:-
It is easy and simple process, how to calculate tile square footage? follow these steps:-
1) measure the length or one side of room in feet with the help of measuring tape, consider room floor length is 12 feet
2) measure the width or other side of room in feet, consider room floor width is 10 feet
3) multiply the length figure by the width figure, as 12 feet by 10 feet = 120 square footage, this will be your subtotal square footage for floor tile
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and
Subscribe our Youtube Channel
4) add 10% extra as waste for floor tile, broken during transportation, storage and installation, 10% of 120 sq ft= 12, add this figure, 120+12= 132 sq ft, this will be your total square footage for floor tile you needed.
5) If tile size is 12×12, since a 12×12 ceramic tile is one square feet, so you will need 132 tiles of one square footage to cover 132 sq ft of floor space.
6) measuring in inches works as well, if you want to convert square inches into square footage, you will divide it by 144 to get square footage for tile.
ALSO READ :-
How to calculate tile square footage | how much tile you need
Rate analysis for tile flooring and how many tiles you need
Mix ratio for mortar for bricks, concrete slab, floor & tiles installation
How to calculate number of tiles required for flooring and wall site
Tile flooring cost estimation and cement sand required
flooring tile | no. of floor tiles needed for flooring
How many square feet is a 12×12 tile
How many square feet is a 12×12 tile:- measuring for floor/ wall tiles the rule is (Length × width)+ waste is needed, generally a 12 inch wide by 12 inch in length ceramic tile is 1 square feet, the number of square feet equals the number of tiles you need to cover the floor space, however you should allow for waste as cutting tiles to fit or breakage during transportation, storage and layout, so add 10 to 15% extra to your measurement based on the tile size, layout, configuration of room, patterns etc.