Tile flooring cost estimation and cement sand required, hi guys in this article we know about how much no of tiles, cement & sand required for flooring and their cost estimate. Generally we use tiles and marbles for smooth and good looking attractive flooring.
We have choice to use tiles and marble for surface flooring, mostly tiles are used for bathroom toilet and kitchen. Due to smoothness and wide range of variety of attractive tiles available in market we use tiles for flooring.
Quantity of cement sand require for flooring depends on mainly two factors: 1) thickness of cement mortar & 2) cement sand ratio for flooring.
Mixture of cement sand and water is known as cement mortar, thickness of cement mortar used in flooring is 6 to 7 time thickness of tiles, but generally we take cement mortar thickness ranging between 40 mm to 50 mm ( 1.5″ to 2″). Generally 40mm or 1.5 inch thick bed of cement mortar is best for tile flooring.
Cement sand ratio for tiles flooring are 1:4 & 1:5 generally used in construction line. Cement sand ratio 1:4 (one part is cement and 4 part is sand. In this topic we use cement sand ratio for tile flooring is 1:4.
Tile flooring cost estimation and cement sand consumption is based on square feet area of flooring, numbers of tiles required, quantity of cement sand consumption and price rate of tiles.
Tile flooring instalation cost estimation and cement sand required
For calculating tile flooring cost estimation and cement sand consumption let me following procedure should be done before tile installation
1) 1.5 inch thick bed of cement mortar is put over concrete surface for ground flooring
2) thickness of cement mortar may be adjustable, their thickness may be increased aur some degrees of decrease according to ground floor height and levelling
3) make the water leveling of cement mortar surface accurate
4) make the paste of cement and some amount of sand as adhesive material and used as binding material between tiles and cement mortar surface.
5) measuring all the flooring area with measuring tape how many square feet flooring will be done, it will help yyou to buy average number of tiles and cement sand consumption.
How to calculate no of tiles required for flooring & their cost estimate
We calculate number of tiles required for flooring in following steps:-
● step 1 :- measuring all the area of surface flooring which will be required for tile installation, suppose we have ground surface flooring area is equal to 1000 sq ft and wall tile skirting area 200 sq ft. Then total area of flooring which require tile installation is 1200 sq ft.
● step 2 :- tiles comes in variety of Shape size and design, some are rectangular and Square shape. We should select a small size of tiles for a small room and large size of tiles for large dimension of room. Generally I recommended square shape (2 × 2) sq ft size tiles for a small residential building. Hance size of 1 tiles is 4 square feet.
● step 3:- how many number of tiles required for flooring is calculated just dividing total square feet area of flooring by one tiles size. We have total flooring area 1200 square feet and one tile size is 4 square feet then divide it 1200/4 = 300, so we have require 300 piece of floor tile.
● step 4 :- considering some wastage about 5% tiles damage or Break during transportation storage and tile installation. 5% of 300 is equal to 15 tiles, now add them both we get 300 + 15 = 315 no of tiles.
● step 5 :- generally 5 number of tiles comes in one packet, question is how many packet we should buy for tile installation. We just getting its answer by dividing total number of tiles (315) by 5 = 63 packets, so we have to buy 63 packets of tiles.
● step 6 :- for calculating tile estimate and cost consider if rate of single piece of tile per square feet is INR 60 & we have one tile with 4 square feet, then total post of one tile is equal to 60 × 4 = INR 240. And we have 5 piece of tile in one packet, then one packet price and cost is equal to 240 × 5 = INR 1200 per packet, and we have to buy 63 packets then total cost of tile of 63 packets is equal to 1200 × 63 = INR 75600.
● Ans. :- 315 no (63 packets of 5 piece) of tiles size of 4 sq ft are required for 1000 square feet flooring and their cost & estimate is about INR 75600.
How many cement bags required for flooring and their cost & estimate
Cement bags required for flooring calculated in following steps
● step 1 :- we have 1000 sq ft flooring area and 200 square feet skirting area, cement are used in both area, considering thickness of cement mortar 1.5 inch and cement sand ratio for flooring is 1:4.
● step 2 :- calculating wet volume of cement mortar used in flooring is multiplying area in thickness 1000 × 1.5/12 = 125 cu ft, we know that volume of dry ingredient cement and sand is decrease when mix with water, so Bholu is increased by 33% in dry condition. So volume of cement mortar in dry condition is equal to 125 × 1.33 = 166 cu ft.
● step 3 :- mix ratio of cement and sand is 1:4,then part of cement = 1/5 and density of cement 1440 Kg/m3. And we know 1m3 = 35.4147 cu ft, then convert dry volume of cement mortar in to cubic metre 166/35.3147 = 4.7 m3
● step 4:- how many cement bags required for flooring is calculated as follow:- weight of cement = 1/5 × 4.7×1440 = 1354 Kg, and we know 1 bag cement weight = 50 kgs, then no of bags cement required for flooring = 1354/50 = 27 bags.
● step 5 :- cement paste are also used as adhesive material in tile installation, consider 25% quantity of cement paste required, then 25% of 27 = 6.75 = 7 bags,then total number of cement bags required for flooring 27+ 7 = 34 bags
● step 6 :- for calculating cement cost and estimation consider price of one bag of cement is approx INR 400/bags, then cost of 34 bags of cement 400 × 34 = INR 13600.
● Ans. :- 34 bags (1700 kgs) cement are required for 1000 square feet tile flooring and their cost and estimate is about INR 13600
How much quantity of sand required for tile flooring and their cost and estimate
Sand required for tile flooring and their cost and estimate is calculated in following steps:-
● step 1 :- in cement sand mortar ratio 1:4, 4 part is sand quantity and dry volume of cement mortar we have 166 cu ft
● step 2 :- calculate sand quantity required for flooring is equal to 4/5 × 166 = 133 cu ft, and considering 10% extra sand volume which are used in skirting, 10% of 133 cu ft = 13.3 cu ft, then total quantity of sand required = 133 + 13.3 = 146 cu ft.
● step 3 :- if market rate of sand is INR 60/cft, then total cost of sand material = 60 × 146 = INR 8760.
● Ans. :- 146 cu ft quantity of sand required for 1000 square feet area of tile flooring and their cost and estimate is about INR 8760.
ALSO READ :-
Flooring tiles installation labour cost & estimate
Flooring tile installation labour charge is vary according to location and type of work but an average flooring tile installation labour charge is ranging between INR 20 to 30 per sq ft. Now follow the following step:-
● step 1 :- flooring area is 1000 sq ft & skirting tile area 200 sq ft, we multiply 2 into skirting area, because skirting tile is instal 4 inch to 6 inch hight in wall but their labour charge is considered as one unit means one foot. So we have skirting wall tile = 200 × 2 = 400 sq ft, then total area of flooring = 1000 + 400 = 1400 sq ft
● step 2 :- consider labour cost INR 25 per sq ft, then total cost of labour charge for flooring tile installation = 25 × 1400 = INR 35000
● Ans. :- INR 35000 labour cost and estimation for 1000 square feet flooring tile installation.
Total tile flooring installation cost and estimate and quantity of cement sand required as follows :
1) tile quantity & estimate = 315 no ( 63 packets of 5 piece) and cost INR 75600
2) cement quantity & estimate = 34 bags ( 1700 kgs) and their cost = INR 13600
3) sand quantity & estimate = 146 cft and their cost INR 8760
4) labour charge & estimate = INR 35000
● Ans. :- INR 132960 ( INR 75600 for tile, INR 13600 for cement, INR 8760 for sand & INR 35000 for labour charge) are cost and estimate of 1000 square foot area of flooring tile installation and material required is 34 bags cement ,146 cu ft sand & 315 no of tiles of 4 sq ft each.
You should also visits:-