Plastering cement sand ratio in building construction | plastering ratio, hi guys in this article we know about cement sand ratio for plastering & different types of plastering cement and sand ratio for external brick wall plastering, internal wall plastering, concrete wall plastering, ceiling plastering & roof plastering.
Plastering is thin layer of cement mortar adhesive material put over the brick wall for protection from environment ,smooth surface, good finishing, good looking & increasing the strength of brick wall.
Plastering cement sand ratio for external, internal wall & ceiling generally based on roughness and plane face of brick wall & concrete.
💐-– WATCH THIS VIDEO—💐
We know that external part of brick wall is more prone to sever climatic condition, its needs more protection from outer side, plastering make it strong and damp proof and prevent from seepage of water in brick wall.
Plastering is the term used to describe the cement mortar material spread over the both face plane and rough surface of irregular and coarse textured brick wall,beam, roof,column, concrete wall and ceiling to make it stronge, more durable,provide a smooth, hard and leveled finish surface which can be painted for good appearance.
In actual Plastering process is an art, truly recognized for constructing the base. It refers to the construction done with cement plaster which includes a layer of plaster on an interior wall or plaster decorative moldings done on ceilings or walls. The process of creating plasterwork is known as Plastering.
Plastering is a unique skill to plaster the brickwall, leveling it and achieve a good and even finishing. Plasterboard is to form the sub-base for ceilings, partition walls. An adequate and rigid frame made up of timber battens is needed for it.
Fix runner boards made from spare lengths to harden the ceiling side by side. It will provide ease of access in the roof void and will be supporting for electrical cables.
According to a adhesive material there are four types of plastering :- 1) Lime plastering,2) cement plastering,3) clay plastering & 4) gypsum plastering
1) Lime plastering:- plastering in which lime is used as Adhesive or binding material for mortar
2) cement plastering:– plastering in which cement is used as Adhesive or binding material for mortar
3) clay plastering:- plastering in which clay is used as adhesive or binding material for mortar
4) gypsum plastering :- plastering in which gypsum material is used as adhesive or binding material for mortar.
According to type of wall, plastering is following types 1) external wall plastering, 2) internal wall plastering, 3) concrete wall plastering & 4) roof for ceiling plastering.
1) plastering of outer face or rough face of brickwork and concrete walls is known as external wall plastering.
2) plastering of inner face or plane face of brickwork and concrete walls is known as inner wall plastering.
3) plastering of concrete structure like column and beam is known as concrete wall plastering
4) plastering of bottom face of roof or ceiling is known as roof or ceiling plastering
Plastering cement sand ratio
Recommended cement sand mix ratio for plastering & plaster cement and sand mix ratio depends on type of plastering work. there are several types of cement sand mix ratio used for brick wall plastering, ratio of cement and sand for plastering depends on types of work and plastering types it is rough or plane surface.
In this regard, “what is the cement sand ratio for plastering”, to this answer it is very simple, in general recommended mix of cement and sand in the ratio of 1:6 (1 part cement and 6 part sand) used for inner plastering of brick wall, for plastering of outer brick wall, ceiling and concrete wall mix in the ratio of 1:4 (1 part cement and 4 part sand) is being used and other mix ratio 1:5 (1 part cement and 5 part sand) is used if coarse sand is available and 1:3 mix (1 part cement and 3 part sand) for repair purpose, on a brick wall never do plastering of thickness more than 12 or 15mm.
ALSO READ :-
Plaster sand near me, delivery, colour and 25kg or bulk bag
Cement to sand ratio for mortar, brickwork and plastering
How to calculate plastering quantity | cement sand ratio
How to calculate the quantity of material for plaster
Plaster cost per square foot with material in India
Recommended plastering ratio for plastering of plane,rough surface of brick wall, concrete wall and ceiling are 1:6, 1:4, 1:5 & 1:3 are used respectively.
Plaster mix ratio:- Recommended plaster mix ratio 1:6 (1 part cement to 6 part sand) used for plastering of plane surface of block/ brick wall, 1:4 (1 parts cement to 4 parts sand) used for rough surface of brick wall, 1:5 (1 parts cement to 5 parts sand) used for concrete wall and ceiling and 1:3 (1parts cement to 3 parts sand) used for repair purpose and waterproof.
Plastering ratio:- Recommended plastering ratio 1:6 (1 part cement to 6 part sand) used for plastering of plane surface of block/ brick wall, 1:4 (1 parts cement to 4 parts sand) used for rough surface of brick wall, 1:5 (1 parts cement to 5 parts sand) used for concrete wall and ceiling and 1:3 (1parts cement to 3 parts sand) used for repair purpose and waterproof.
Recommended plastering cement sand mix ratio for plastering of plane, rough surface of brick wall, concrete wall and ceiling are 1:6, 1:4, 1:5 & 1:3 are used respectively.
Mortar ratio for plastering:-recommended mortar ratio for plastering of plane,rough surface of brick wall, concrete wall and ceiling are 1:6, 1:4, 1:5 & 1:3 are used respectively.
Plastering cement sand Ratio:
● 1:3 – External wall (in sever climate)
● 1:4 – External Wall (normal conditions)
● 1:4 – ceiling plastering
● 1:4 – concrete wall plastering
● 1:5 – internal plastering with coarse sand
● 1:6 – internal plastering with fine sand
Recommended cement and sand mix ratio for plastering are following:-
● plastering cement sand ratio 1:3 are used for plastering of external wall prone to sever climatic condition and for repairing work. This ratio is not recommended for general use at construction site, but it can be used for waterproofing and binding
● 1:4 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for external brick wall plastering and ceiling plastering
● 1:5 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for internal brick wall plastering when fine sand is not available
● 1:6 mix ratio of cement and sand are used for internal wall plastering when fine sand is available.
● Ans. :- recommended plastering cement sand ratio are 1:3 (for repair),1:4 ( for external wall,ceiling, roof & concrete plastering), 1:5 ( internal brick wall plastering have no fine sand) & 1:6 (for internal brick wall plastering whick have fine sand) general used in civil engineering & building construction.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and Subscribe our Youtube Channel
You should also visits:-
1)what is concrete and its types and properties
2) concrete quantity calculation for staircase and its formula
EFICI SYDNEY says
It was helpful, but provide adquate drawings
I m satisfied
Thank you… It’s helping to understand