Which is best cement for tile fixing,best cement for floor tile,in this topic we know about which is best cement for tile fixing, as we know that cement are of different types according to their nature of grade and their composition.
In ancient time first cement which was discovered name is Portland cement, there is many type of cement according to their composition about ten types but in this topic I mention important five type of cement which is used in in civil construction work.
Which is best cement for tile fixing
The best cement for floor tile fixing is ordinary Portland cement (OPC) grade 43 for small scale residential building and OPC 53 is for high rise building. Now discuss about different types of cement used for floor tile fixing
best cement types used for floor tile fixing
There are three types of cement used for floor tile fixing are ordinary Portland cement ( OPC grade 33,43 and 53), Portland slag cement (PSC) and Portland pozzolana cement (PPC), but which one is the best cement it used for tile fixing OPC or PPC
1) ordinary Portland cement (OPC) : ordinary Portland cement have 3 Grade 33,43 and 53. Grade 33 OPC cement is old cement and there manufacturing is stop, now a days grade 43 and 53 cement is manufacturing and used in civil construction work.
Grade 43 OPC cement used in non RCC work like plastering ,brickwork ,tile fixing, PCC and it has about 43 Mega pascal comprehensive strength which is gain in 28 days after curing and it has low setting time and gain high strength earlier
but OPC 53 cement have high strength comparison to 43 grade of cement but it is used in RCC work. For tile fixing like flooring tile and wall tiles I recommended go through the use of 43 grade of cement.
2) Portland slag cement (PSC):- this type of cement used in coastal areas where there is more risk of attack of chloride and sulphate and salt so so this type of cement used in coastal areas sewage treatment plant water treatment plant and sewage disposal, so Portland slag cement is is not fit for tile fixing but it can be used in coastal areas for all types of work
3) Portland pozzolana cement (PPC):– it is new variety of Portland cement mix with several chemical which provide more resistant to weather condition, attack of chloride and sulphate and more resistant to corrosion and harmful chemicals, it has high strength other than all cement but it has initial setting time is high and tile fixing work we have require low initial setting time and high strength so OPC43 grade of cement have slightly edge over PPC cement
4) white cement :– white cement is used and manufacturing by complicated process other than ordinary Portland cement, it is used in architectural and decorative purpose and filling gap between tiles work for wall tiles floor tiles and bathroom tiles kitchen tile.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and Subscribe our Youtube Channel
You should also visits:-
1)what is concrete and its types and properties
2) concrete quantity calculation for staircase and its formula
3) how to calculate weight of mild steel plate and derive its formula
4) calculate quantity of cement Sand for brickwork of 10m3
5) cement calculation in tile work of hundred square foot area
6) weight calculation of Steel bar and its formula
7) what is admixture of concrete and its types and its properties
5) sulphate resistant Portland cement (SRC):– this type of cement is used where there is more risk of sulphate attack in soil and water
■ Conclusion :- so don’t get confused with OPC and PPC cement question is arises which is best cement for tile fixing? I recommended you go through use of ordinary Portland cement 43 for non RCC work like tile fixing, plastering of brick wall, brickwork and flooring.
N J Sigh says
Sir, Please advise me the I need to fix tiles on the old terace slab after Dfixit water proofing. I want to know that there one chemical glue material is there and sand /cement also. please let me know which one is better to fix tile on slab