How to calculate cement sand quantity in 1:6 mortar,in this topic we will learn about how to calculate cement sand quantity in 1:6 mortar.
We know that cement mortar is mixture of cement and sand. ratio of mix is 1: 6 in which one part is cement and six part is sand.
We know that cement mortar is used for many civil work like brick masonry, plastering work of internal and external sometime it is also used for dpc work
■ meaning of mix 1:6 mortar:- in this mix ratio of cement and sand in which one part is cement and 6 part is sand and by adding water. Water is added in mix mortar in about 20% of its dry volume.
steps for how to calculate cement sand quantity
1) assume volume of mortar is 1m3
2) first calculate wet volume of mortar
3) calculate dry volume of mortar
4) calculation of cement quantity
5) calculation of sand quantity
How to calculate cement sand quantity in 1:6 mortar?
■ given data:-
Assume volume of mortar = 1m3
Density of cement = 1440 kg/m3
Cement in 1 bag = 50 kg
1m3 = 35.32 cubic feet
Mix ratio is = 1:6 ( one part is cement and 6 part is sand)
Total proportion = 1+6= 7
Part of cement = 1/7
Part of sand = 6/7
■ calculation :- we know that while we calculate dry volume of cement mortar cofactor 1.54 is multiply in wet volume of mortar considering wastage of mortar and volume increase
Wet volume = 1m3
Dry volume =wet volume × 1.54
= 1m3× 1.54 = 1.54 m3
Dry volume of mortar = 1.54 m3
A) calculation of cement quantity
Weight of cement = part of cement × volume ×density of cement
Weight = (1/7) × 1.54 m3×1440 kg/m3
Weight of cement = 316.8 kg
No of bags = 316.8/50 = 6.336
B) sand calculation in cubic feet
Volume = (6/7)× 1.54 m3 = 1.32 m3
1m3 = 35.32 cft
Volume = 1.32 ×35.32 = 46.62 cft
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and Subscribe our Youtube Channel
You should also visits:-
1)what is concrete and its types and properties
2) concrete quantity calculation for staircase and its formula
3) how to calculate weight of mild steel plate and derive its formula
4) calculate quantity of cement Sand for brickwork of 10m3
5) cement calculation in tile work of hundred square foot area
6) weight calculation of Steel bar and its formula
7) what is admixture of concrete and its types and its properties
6.336 bags of cement and 46.62 cubic feet sand is present in 1 cubic metre mortar of 1:6 mix.
Sir what is the volume of mortar in 10cum of SSM work.?